Monday, November 12, 2012

Black Tuesday

This past week Vinnie bought a bottle of the once a year release of Black Tuesday from The Bruery in Placentia, California, which happens to be one of my favorite breweries. I've never tried it until now, but I've heard about it from all of the super regulars at the Bruery tasting room when I'm there. So, on to the beer...Black Tuesday is a dark, rich, almost syrupy stout. It's a barrel aged stout that's aged in bourbon barrels for over a year, bringing this beer up to a hearty 19.2% ABV. It has a medium head, on the smaller end of the spectrum in my opinion, but I like hat in a stout. It's got your  typical tell tale signs of an Imperial Stout with coffee and chocolaty tones, but its very sweet and syrupy in my opinion and more reminiscent of a stiff glass of bourbon than a strong brew. But I'm not complaining. It's an awesome beer and if you're lucky enough to get your hands on some, pace yourself, it's a strong one.

Enjoy





No comments:

Post a Comment