Thursday, September 13, 2012

Punk as f***

You're all going to have to bear with me because my lovely beautiful Canon 5D Mark II is out of commission and I have to bring it in to their service center tomorrow. Until then, all photos are from a borrowed crummy little point and shoot that I don't like. hopefully I'll have it back in time for Stone Brewery in October! Today I had a pretty laid back day, just class in the morning and then spent the rest of the day hiding inside in the air conditioning hiding from the 90 degree weather. So we are nearly Autumn, my favorite season, which means candy corn, halloween candy, cinnamon spices and .... pumpkins!!! So how could I resist the Dogfish Head Brewery Punkin beer staring me down in the seasonal isle of the local Total Wine?



I was a bit nervous at first that it would be overwhelming and too sweet like a pumpkin pie or something, but it was surprisingly subtle. It smells a bit like Christmas and Thanksgiving and tastes earthy and a little spicy (in  the cinnamon and nutmeg sense, not like salsa). It's a stronger beer at 7% but not terribly overwhelming, and I think I could actually drink a few of these without getting sick of them. Usually sweet or flavored beers get a little old after one pint. So get in the fall spirit and go drink some pumpkin beer and think about what you're going to be for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment